Sunday, February 21, 2010

Finding Alternatives to Your Favorite Foods

The best thing about embarking on my new found lifestyle is the fact that I get to experiment with a wide variety of new recipes and best of all, find alternatives to most of my favorite dishes. As a result, I feel so much more in control of my diet and don’t feel the need to reach for some of the unhealthy foods I was eating before. For example, I am the ultimate cheesecake lover and would do anything in a heart beat to get my hands on the stuff, but now, I have found a waaaaaay healthier alternative that seems to keep my cravings at bay and keep me satisfied in the process. I while back I found a cheesecake alternative-Lemon Peel Ricotta Creme and the stuff is to die for! It’s to the point where I really don’t miss the REAL thing and am fine settling for something quite similar, but much healthier.

Another healthier alternative that has served me quite well is spaghetti squash topped with homemade tomato sauce with ground chicken and fresh veggies as opposed to regular spaghetti and pre-made, store-bought sauce. It’s so much tastier, not to mention healthier, and I can have as much of it as I want without blowing my calories out the window.

I think I can get use to and live comfortably with this Clean Eating thing. There’s nothing like being exposed to a whole new way of living and improving your health in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment